1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give to Us (both necessary and optional).
1.1.1 Information necessary for the use of certain features on the Site.
When you use the Site and access these features, you are entering into a contract with BridgesUU and we collect the information necessary for the adequate performance of that contract. The necessary information also allows us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with these features. Examples of necessary information include, but are not limited to:
- Account Information. When you sign up for a BridgesUU Account, we require your first name, last name, email address, community nickname, and a password, as well as a security question and answer.
- Payment Information. To order Products or Services through the Site, we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments. Currently, the financial information you provide will be collected directly by third party payment processors and subject to their privacy policies.
- Communications with BridgesUU and other users. When you communicate with BridgesUU or use the Site to communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you provide in that communication.
1.1.2 Information you choose to give us (collected with your consent).
While not required, you may choose to provide us with additional information for a better user experience when using the Site. This additional information will be processed based on your consent and includes but is not limited to:
- Additional Account Information. You may provide additional information as part of your BridgesUU Account (such as your personal description, location, and preferred language(s)). This information may be publicly visible to others. If you do not wish to share this information with BridgesUU or others, do not provide the information as part of your BridgesUU Account.
- Other Information. You may provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your BridgesUU account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Site. In these situations, BridgesUU will obtain your consent at the point of collection for such information.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Site.
When you use the Site, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and also is necessary given our legitimate interest in providing and improving the functionality of the Site.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Site, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. BridgesUU may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Site such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Products or Services, donation requests you have made, and other actions on the Site.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Site, even if you have not created a BridgesUU Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Site (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Site.
1.3 Information We Obtain from Third Parties.
We may obtain information from other sources (including but not limited to our affiliates and partners) and combine that with information we collect through the Site. We do not control or supervise how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us from third parties should be directed to such third parties.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide and improve the Site, and also to comply with our legal obligations.
2.1 Provide and Improve the Site.
- Enable you to access and use the Site.
- Enable you to communicate with other users and customers.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Site and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- Send you promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about BridgesUU or donor offers and launches).
We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving the Site and our users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the performance of the contract with you and/or a legal obligation. You can opt out of receiving communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications or changing your notification settings within your BridgesUU Account.
2.2 Comply with Our Legal Obligations.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information provided by you (such as to verify your authorization to act as an agent on behalf of a nonprofit organization).
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users or customers and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We process this information given our legitimate interest and legal obligation to protect the Site, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws. BridgesUU may process your information if it is necessary for legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
3. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
We will only share your information if and to the extent one of the following applies:
3.1 With Your Consent.
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent. If you participate in promotional activities conducted by BridgesUU partners or third parties we may also share information if you have provided us with prior consent to do so.
3.2. Profiles and Other Public Information.
The Site lets you publish information (including personal information) that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
- If you submit content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media post, or use a similar feature on the Site, that content is publicly visible.
Information you share publicly on the Site may be indexed through third party search engines. If you change your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
3.3 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm, and Protection of Our Rights.
Where appropriate, we may notify users about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon BridgesUU’s property, its users and customers and the Site. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that user about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
3.4 Third Party Companies.
3.5 Service Providers.
Since BridgesUU is a global network, it conducts activities globally. In doing so, BridgesUU uses a variety of third parties to help us provide services related to the Site. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA“). The EEA unites the EU Member States and the three EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) into a market governed by the same basic rules (such as GDPR).
If BridgesUU needs to share your information, including personal information, with a service provider, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you, we are permitted to do so.
3.6 Business Transfers.
3.7 Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, insights about the sector, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes. We may share this aggregated data with the public.
4. THIRD PARTY PARTNERS & INTEGRATIONS
The Site may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners“). BridgesUU doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, BridgesUU, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Third Party Partner you interact with.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to [email protected]. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
5.1 Managing Your Information.
You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
5.2 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your BridgesUU Account).
5.3 Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
5.4 Data Retention and Erasure.
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the Site to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your BridgesUU Account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a BridgesUU Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that BridgesUU Account to prevent that user or customer from opening a new BridgesUU Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, BridgesUU may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Site, even after your BridgesUU Account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Site to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
5.5 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing.
Where you have expressly provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by BridgesUU you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to BridgesUU specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where:
(i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information;
(ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information;
(iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
(iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 5.6 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of BridgesUU override your own.
5.6 Objection to Processing.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may permit you to legally object to BridgesUU’s processing. In these instances, you may require BridgesUU not to process your personal information for specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing, BridgesUU will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate a legal basis for doing so or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
At any time, regardless of applicable law, you may object to us processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You may, at any time, ask BridgesUU to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
5.7 Lodging Complaints.
6. OPERATING GLOBALLY
6.1 EU Model Clauses.
If your information is shared with corporate affiliates or third party companies or service providers outside the EEA, we have, prior to sharing your information with such corporate affiliate or third party company or service provider, established the necessary means to ensure an adequate level of data protection. This agreement may incorporate the basis of the EU Model Clauses (a set of clauses issued by the European Commission).
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and to keep said password(s) in a secure location. If you know or have reason to believe that your BridgesUU Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your BridgesUU Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
9. CONTACT US